Life is short.... Occasionally bend the rules.... Forgive quickly.... Kiss slowly.... Love truly.... Laugh uncontrollably.... And, never regret anything that made you smile....

Monday, March 21, 2011

More Gratitudes....

Just spent a wonderful day with my beautiful parents. We don't plan these days, just ring and say can we come, we'll help with tea. They are both such an inspiration. Dad is eighty five and so very fit and alert. We share a love of the country and growing things. I came home with some little flowering gum seedlings, which, if I don't kill, will be treasured. Mum shared generously with her gene pool when she made me! She has my love of craft, and my love of being at home just doing. She taught me how to preserve fruit and vegies, how to make something with nothing, how to put away for a rainy day. We are both farmers wives.

It's not my birthday, but yesterday mum gave me an early birthday present of a beautifully embroidered needlework basket, embroidered pin cushion, which is too pretty to use, and a Cath Kidston book which I have been coveting for some time! We are planning a trip to the Quilt Show in Melbourne next month if things work out for us.

Grand baby- to- be is thirty one weeks today, and his poor mum is back at work. Glad the other girls are looking after you sweetheart, but I will be glad when you finish! Nursing is a tough job.

No photos this post, the internet is cutting out all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment