Life is short.... Occasionally bend the rules.... Forgive quickly.... Kiss slowly.... Love truly.... Laugh uncontrollably.... And, never regret anything that made you smile....

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happiness Is.

This is a happy post as a tribute to the beautiful little Lily who had to leave us last night... She was a tiny little  poppet who bought us so much joy, so this is for her....



Happiness is......


The smell of fresh washing drying in front of the fire.

The smell of freshly baking bread.

A visit from special people.

The smell of freshly mown grass.

The aroma which comes from making tomato sauce.

Driving in the car on a cold day, on a picnic.

A country sunset.

Discovering mushrooms after an autumn rain.

A hug from loved ones.

Home made biscuits.

Fresh sheets on the bed.

A fabric stash.

A cuddle from a special pet.

That first sight of the sea when you are going on holidays.

Home made pizza.







9 comments:

  1. So sad. I saw your last post about Lily. She was precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Rosie, I am so sorry, she was so pretty, I have tears in my eyes now! I have even saved the picture of lily that you sent me
    Love your pictures of the beach and the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about Lily. And I agree that all those things bring happiness! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad for Little Lily Lamb but glad that she was so loved and cared for during her little life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Rosie, so sorry to hear of your little Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Rosie,

    A moving tribute to Lily.

    The best thing about your happiness post is you don't need money for lots of them. We only have to look around us and find happiness.
    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about Lily. She was such a little cutie. I loved your post of Happiness though, and I agree with Bev... most things that makes us really, truly happy, don't cost a cent! Sending you big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about little Lily. She was so precious. Your happiness list made me happy as well. Thankfully life has both tears and smiles.

    ReplyDelete