Life is short.... Occasionally bend the rules.... Forgive quickly.... Kiss slowly.... Love truly.... Laugh uncontrollably.... And, never regret anything that made you smile....

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Max Edward.

Welcome to the world our beautiful baby grandson...What took you so long??...I have been waiting all day for you to arrive!! Poppy had to go without his right-hand-girl because I was waiting for your daddy to ring. I guess your mummy is a pretty special person though, and you didn't want to leave her too soon.. We are so pleased that you have arrived, and can't wait to meet you tomorrow when you and mummy have had a rest...





I wish someone had warned me just how hard it is to wait while your daughter is in labour... I have cleaned every bench, washed curtains, washed and dried the weeks laundry, washed the biccie barrels, cut up six kilo of tomatoes and onions for relish, and then, remembered to breathe......
 I made pizza tonight while I was waiting, and forgot to put in the yeast, and the salt and sugar, and wondered why it wasn't rising!!
 I have made a pledge to my friends who have daughters, to be there for them as a  birth-coach when their daughters have babies....
 Isn't it strange how quick you forget the pain when you have a baby, but how long you remember the pain when your daughter has a baby...
Tomorrow will be a special day.... we will meet Max Edward... we will give him Nannie and Poppie cuddles, and start his little life off the way we mean it to go on, with lots of love forever..









13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Welcome Max! How exciting! Let the spoiling begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosie,

    Congratulaltions all round and welcome to the world Max.
    Enjoy tomorrow.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow hugging and getting to know little Max.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exciting news for you all, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Congratulations.... I can't help but shed a few tears... I know exactly how you are feeling - welcome Max...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Rosie! And a huge welcome to Max! Hope all is well - enjoy your cuddles today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful Rosie. What a joyous occasion. Post pictures as soon as you can. We want to see the new member of your family!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations Rosie on the arrival of your beautiful grandson Max ,cant wait to see pics of him.
    I have been in the labour room with 4 of my 6 grand-children and let me tell you it is extremely hard seeing your daughter screaming in pain,many a tear rolled down my face while trying to be strong for them and their husbands,but i wouldnt have missed it for the world so special to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Rosie on the safe arrival of Max Edward...how very very exciting...I know exactly what you mean about your daughter's labour...I went through exactly the same thing when my daughter went into labour...it brings it all back again...Enjoy meeting Max...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rosie...I went over to your food blog and saw the recipe for the tomato sauce and noticed that you used gluten free mustard...I am gluten free also...I also have a food blog...
    www.dzintrasdolcevita.blogspot.com where I do gf cooking...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the name Max - oh what a blessing - enjoy your very first visit with him tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Rosie, have a wonderful day cuddling Max tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and welcome to Max Edward!
    enjoy your cuddles tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete