Life is short.... Occasionally bend the rules.... Forgive quickly.... Kiss slowly.... Love truly.... Laugh uncontrollably.... And, never regret anything that made you smile....

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TUESDAY DESIGNING TREASURES.


Today I salute those incredible people, the 'designers', without whom we crafters would  have a huge hole in our lives..
I have a huge collection of craft magazines and one of my favorite past-times is browsing through them and putting book marks in all the  projects which I would love to one day make..
Lately I have had a re-newed interest in making bears and was browsing through my treasured 'Australian Bear Creations', when I came across two bear patterns designed by the wonderful  Melody Daly.




This is 'Emma-Louise'...  a country style bear I made many many years ago from a pattern by Melody... She remains one of my favorites....




This is  'Anna', another  of Mel's creations.. Again, she was made quite a few years ago when bear making was so popular.. She is made of re-cycled fabrics, old lace, stash buttons, and wears a simple antique brooch.





So, on behalf of all the crafters out there, thank you to our wonderful designers... without you all our lives would be less inspirational...

And a huge thank you to the lovely Melody, for her incredible designs, and also for hosting Tuesday Treasures....

22 comments:

  1. Oh Rosie, you are so sweet. And how wonderful that you made some of my bears all those years ago and now we are blogging friends. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a small world,lol.Your bears are beautiful Rosie and yes melody is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely treasures your bears are Rosie...I must admit I've never made one but they are awfully cute...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melody is a treasure on any day of the week & a great designer. Love your bears. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna and Emma-Louise are beautiful! I love going back to look at my old magazines and books too! Your bears make me think of My Leisure Art Christmas books from the 90's they have bears in them. I don't know why I'm still showing as no-reply. Is that why my profile picture doesn't show when I post? 'Show my email address' is checked in my profile and I made sure my username and email address are the same as I found that in another suggestion. I'll get it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rosie does this make a difference? and I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bears are wonderful! I especially love the one with the long snout, just like a real bear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bears are so sweet and isn't it wonderful that the designer is Melody ,yes we have to thank all the great designers out there , we would be lost without them and they are indeed treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bears are lovely. Love the clothes and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are lovely... designers are such treasures... I only realised Melody designed bears recently.... so much talent...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bears, it's amazing how small the world is.... Melody is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our Melody is a very talented lady and a true treasure for sure. I love that you made some of Melody's bears and now are friends in Blogland. That is just so wonderful. Very cute furry friends they are too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bears are just lovely, and you are so clever to have made them (and Melody to design them!!) Hand made originals to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What darling bears and you are such a sweet lady to recognize Melody and the designers. You are right, without them we would be up a creek. Anna and Emma-Louise have such precious faces! My MIL has an entire room filled with bears and you cannot walk into that room without smiling. You've chosen such lovely fabrics and pieces to add to each bear. I imagine it was such fun to see their personalities emerge as you worked on them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous post, Rosie - those bears are wonderful, Melody is incredibly talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bears are beautiful Miss. Rosie! Hope they have a special place to live in your house. Thanks for the link to Melody too... she has another follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too true about the designers. There are some great ideas out there. I love the bears. Their clothes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so right about the designers! Some of us are designing challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful bears Rosie and how true that we owe so much of our crafting pleasure to the designers. It is very nice that you stitched Mel's patterns before we all blogged and got to know our fellow stitchers "face-to-face" so to speak. Have a happy stitching weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bears a really lovely.

    I think this is one of the reasons why I've recently made the decision to branch out into designing. The thought that in the future a fellow crafter might translate/make one of my designs into something that is still treasured years later adds a whole new dimension to my own crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your bears are beautiful, I love all their clothes and all the details. There are lots of wonderful designers, lucky us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful bears, we are very lucky to have such talented designers.

    ReplyDelete