Life is short.... Occasionally bend the rules.... Forgive quickly.... Kiss slowly.... Love truly.... Laugh uncontrollably.... And, never regret anything that made you smile....

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Moon Shine Bags.

As the days get longer here, then so does our time spent outside. It really is one of the busiest times of the year..
I managed to grab some time in between penning up lambs for shearing to do some sewing this week.


While on holiday last year I splurged on another bag pattern that I really didn't need! Like you do!! However, this one has already been made up four times and I can see more to come. I can recommend this pattern as being easy to make with great  instructions.. Just don't do it if you are really tired and are menopausal!!!!!!  .....Need I say more... younger readers won't quite understand yet.........



Bag number one was a Christmas present last year to my daughter who immediately said that she was going to use it as her nappy bag when the baby was born... and she did..



Bag number two was also a Christmas present last year to my daughter-in-law who happens to be a music teacher.. I am happy to say that she does use her bag, and it is already well travelled..



Bag number three was for me... I liked the materials and decided to put them together.. Ironically, I have not used my bag, but it is there waiting for when I need it..... Just like the other 'fifty' bags I have made!!!!







The fourth bag is another nappy bag made for a friend of my daughters who admired Mel's bag.. Moni loves purple so the choice was obvious..
With the scraps left over I had just enough to make a changing pad.. The pattern I found in a gorgeous book my Sister-in-law lent me called 'Winsome Baby' designed by Nancy Halvorsen..





Hope everyone is getting some time in this busy season to do what they love doing....

P.s... Maxie is six months old.... our cute little bundle of yumminess!!!!
Love you Max Edward..xxxxx

22 comments:

  1. Terrific bags! And that Maxie...what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags. It's great when you find a pattern that you like sewing and suits lots of people - justifies the cost sometimes!! Don't know how you find time to sew at all with little Max around to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the bags are so gorgeous Rosie, I don't even think I can pick a favourite!! Maxie is very gorgeous too. Glad you could find a little sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags are all gorgeous Rosie. Obviously a great pattern and a great bag. I love the music one for your daughter in law... very clever. Little Max is a real cutie... my nephew .. another Max... is 4 today and getting a dinosaur costume he he!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bags are wonderful Rosie, great gifts...and Max is a cutie....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great purchase when you have made it up 4 times already. I love the fabrics in the one you made for you. Maxie is a scrumptious young man! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made any bags but my daughter keeps begging me to. I think she would love this one! That little guy is cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie Max is Rosie so adorable,great bags ,well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have definitely got your value out of that pattern, nothing to feel guilty about for sure.
    Love the musical one. It's very clever.
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Rosie,

    You deserve a holiday in Palm Springs after making all those lovely bags. Just LOVED the photo of Max Edward, 6 months has just flown hasn't it?
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog posting. I'm just blogwalking and very interesting to stop here and read your post. I like this.

    But, dont forget to give us your comment into my blog ya.

    Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh I can't believe little Max is 6 months already...it seems like he was just born! Now Rosie you know a gal can never have enough bags...I think I'm like you...I love bags (and shoes but you knew that didn't you ha ha)...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful bags , it is a lovely pattern and each one is special in its own way . Great work!! Max is one handsome little guy .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Max is too cute. Gorgeous little man. Your bags are wonderful Rosie and how clever was the music one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bags are lovely! Of course you needed it and you have certainly gotten your money's worth by making so many cute ones. Sounds like you get to sew like I do...in between farm and ranch duties! 6 months is such a fun age. He really is a dashing little man!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the bags but my favorite would have to be your bag the colors are divine.
    Max is certainly a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bags!! Each is so unique! Your little Max is adorable...what a handsome little boy. Love those bright eyes and happy face. Can't wait for our little one to arrive...just 2 1/2 months left. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Max Edward just steals the show doesn't he? So cute!! (Nice name too) Love all your bags.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those bags are just great. I really like the one with the piano keys, just perfect for the musical lady in our lives. Maxie is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What great bags. It is so good when a pattern just works. I love the piano keys. Max is cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... what great bags! Looks like you could get everything AND the kitchen sink in them. Perfect gift for mums of little ones like Max... who is ever more cute and gorgeous... lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic bags, I need some inspiration for a few more christmas makes.........completely get the 'menopausal moments', being a lady of a certain age.........gorgeous picture of Max.

    Great blog, lily.

    ReplyDelete