Life is short.... Occasionally bend the rules.... Forgive quickly.... Kiss slowly.... Love truly.... Laugh uncontrollably.... And, never regret anything that made you smile....

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dear Simone...


Dear Simone,
From the moment these beautifully wrapped presents arrived I was so thankful that you were my Secret Santa..
I was able to unwrap my first little parcel and found a gorgeous little stitchery ornament to hang on our tree..


I could hardly wait for Christmas Day to arrive to open all the other goodies that were sitting under my tree.. Lucky that there was so much else to do... I was so busy it helped pass the time!!

But, on Christmas Day, when everyone else was asleep..... I found out what my Secret Santa had hidden in those beautifully wrapped parcels...








You had made me the most beautifully stitched wall hanging with the words... May all your wishes come true this Christmas....... and they have.....

An adorable stitched mug rug which will be perfect to go with another present I received from family...

A gorgeous Vintage Ornament pattern to stitch, accompanied by two lovely Christmas fat quarters... which I can anticipate making into something special...

And a collection of Dutch beads/buttons....

Thank you so very much...You are the perfect Secret Santa.... I appreciate all the love and effort you have put in to my present..

Love Rosie..xxx



I was a Secret Santa to  Annelise. These are some of the treasures I sent overseas to France to her..
Thankfully Annelise has received her parcel safely, and is enjoying what was sent..


Many thanks to  Chookyblue for the many hours she has spent organising this swap for us all.... we so appreciate it...


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts both received and sent , you both were very lucky to have such great partners in the swap.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts from dear Simone Rosie...and Annelise will enjoy her ones too I'm sure...I'm a sucker for tea towels ha ha...I made one for my swap partner as well...Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Rosie what beautiful gifts sent and received,what a fun swap.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your gifts that you sent and received are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely things there Rosie. I do love the Santa tea towel you made with Santa as the T :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic gifts Rosie, beautiful. Your stitching is beautiful on your parcel to Annelise....
    Hasn't this been a great exchange, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts.. and you presented your thanks so beautifully.... and what a lovely gift you sent too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gifts Rosie, the gift wrapping looked so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your SSCS gifts are gorgeous, I love the wallhanging. So much beautiful work and thoughtful little gifts flying around the world - it really warms the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful gifts you sent & received Rosie. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful gifts Rosie...both what you received and what you sent...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad the gifts arrived safely and that you enjoyed them! It was fun making them for you (o:
    Your gifts are very pretty. Lucky Annelise!
    Isn't it lovely; from Australia to France and from the Netherlands to Australia. Such journeys (o:
    Thank you for the beautiful post you made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, look at all those beautiful gifts... those sent and those received! It looks like you had a really wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow what a great parcel from Simone........she is a great swapper.......glad you loved everything........you also sent a beautiful parcel to Annelise............thanks for being part of the SSCS this year.........

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great gifts...received and sent. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosie you received some beautiful gifts.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. You got some wonderful gifties. Chooky is a sweetheart isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful gifts Rosie, the bag you made is wonderful with lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous gifts both sent and received. Wishing you every happiness for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So super gifts both ways,lovely SSCS this year as well. Love the little Santa from last post!
    Happy New Year 2012:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are right Rosie your SSCS put lots of care and thoughtfulness into your treasures just like mine did. Isn`t wonderful to open these treasures knowing these thoughts are true. There is nothing like hand made.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely gifts. I just love your intro statement. If we all made a list of things we should be thankful for I am sure many of us would consider ourselves very lucky. Especially those of you with such cute grand babies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness Rosie, such beautiful handmade gifts, both given and received..........isn't the world of blog a wonderful place.

    Happy New Year to you and your lovely family. x

    ReplyDelete