Life is short.... Occasionally bend the rules.... Forgive quickly.... Kiss slowly.... Love truly.... Laugh uncontrollably.... And, never regret anything that made you smile....

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Australia Day..



Wishing everyone who lives in this beautiful country of ours a wonderful Australia Day... may you spend it with the people you love, doing what you love....

January has gone by so fast.. It's been a hot month here on the farm. I have spent most of the days with my best friend  'Mr Fujitsu'... He makes my hot days bearable, even when he does blow hot and cold..
Lucky for me he comes with a remote control and is easily managed....



My first finish for the year, a hand stitched hexagonal heat-pack for mum. This was a pattern called 'Forever Blue' designed by Vicki Porter, found in Australian Homespun No. 97. The pattern is designed to be a pin cushion, but I thought a hot-pack would be more practical...







More blocks finished from 'A Boy's Story'...




And a new project to start the New Year just because ....   another year has begun, and I have wanted to do this quilt for so long....
Just perfect for sitting on the couch with my mate Mr Fujitsu.....

I have found an exceptional helpful tool, the PILOT Frixion erasable pen. It is fantastic for drawing out stitcheries, and tracing around freezer paper templates for needleturn applique. If you make a mistake just iron and it's gone. The only problem with using it for stitcheries is that you can't iron on wadding at the back of your stitchery, but I just pin the backing on and when you stitch the wadding is held on.


I'm off to catch up on some blog reading... and to have a 'talk' to Peg about OPAM....




27 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful Australia Day and find some time to sit and relax...
    The stitcheries are looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosie,lovely projects you are making,enjoy your Australia day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Australia Day Rosie....We will be having our own celebration on Friday night by having a BBQ with some good friends...Funnily enough the US Gov did not give us a public holiday this week for it.

    Plus as you saw we also got a Blue Heeler this week...how very "Aussie" of us lol.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Australia day Rosie ,so nice,to see you post. I love all your work but that basket applique is gorgeous . Stay cool or send some heat this way. Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitcheries, Happy Australia Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work you've been doing. Your boys story is coming along so well. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember seeing that header before. That is the cutest kitty :) and I love the quilt. Very farmy.
    Great finish for Christmas and the needle turn applique looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Australia day, love that Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are having a great Aussie Day. Great projects Rosie.
    Love the kitty.

    Hmmm I love Mr Fujitsu too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your new header, so cute!
    Great job with your boys story blocks and love your new project. Your needleturn is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Australia Day Rosie, your new project look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bottle brush Rosie and all your stitching is too. I love your new project. Yum! Happy Australia Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosie all your projects are gorgeous...love your new one..very pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Australia Day Rosie! Oh your projects are SO drop dead gorgeous, you must be enjoying yourself. I wanted to tell you that I also use the Frixion pen for stitcheries, but then iron on a backing - the stitchery design disappears, but I put it in a ziplock baggie and let it sit in the freezer for a bit, and it comes right back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool projects Rosie...have never heard of that pen...it souds amazing!!! Hope you had a wonderful day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cute stitcheries! I love the surfer dude and his dog ;) Love that new block. What pattern is that? It looks so familiar. Regardless, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Australia Day Rosie..........I love the hexagonal heatpad for your mum, your stitcheries are always so beautiful.........wish I could get copies of Homespun over here, the patterns always look gorgeous.

    lily x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Australian day to you! My little ones celebrated the day in kindergarten, even we are in Norway, but their teacher is Australian! They had a very cold BBQ outside... Lots of beautiful stitches and work, I will be back, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have fun with your stitcheries. Love your new banner with your cute kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. And when you freeze it..it comes back! But it washes out. The pink ones are visible on dark fabrics. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rose what beautiful projects you are working on... and all so beautifully done too
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rosie all your projects are beautiful, you are making great progress with the Boys Story. I love your new project too, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing sewing, so very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am always apprehensive to use pens on my stitchery. I will have to keep a look out for the Pilot erasable pen. Your stitcheries look great. I especially like the one with the surfer. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you had a great Australia Day...well done on having finishes for 2012 already!...your Boy's Story stitcheries made me smile...I got to go to Anni's shop while I was away .... twice! (well it was late when I got there on the way out so I had to have another go on the way home..he he he)...enjoy your time with Mr Fujitsu...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely stitching you've been working on Rosie. Very belated Australia Day wishes to you too! I hope you had a fantastic day....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Belated Australia Day to you Rosie.

    ReplyDelete